Lucky recipe - juicy banana bread
Tryptophan containing foods deliciously packaged!
Because yes, you can increase your serotonin levels with the right diet. Problem is, serotonin from foods is difficult to get into our brains.
The blood-brain barrier prevents it from doing so.
For this reason there is our serotalin, with the help of just one capsule a day we smuggle more serotonin into our brain. (In fact, in "normal state" that's only 5% that reaches our brain, the rest goes to work in the gastrointestinal tract).
The perfect support is tryptophan-containing foods. Tryptophan is an amino acid and also the building block for the release of the happiness hormone serotonin.
With these foods you can support your body and also the effect of our serotalin.
- Nuts, seeds, whole grains
- Chocolate (preferably bitter varieties, i.e. with a high cocoa content)
- Mushrooms, beans
- Curd cheese
- hard cheese
- green tea
In order to conjure up something delicious out of it, we asked the "Clean Eating Expert," Katharina Greier. asked if she could create a practical recipe for us.
Her tasty idea for a perfect happiness recipe.
Juicy banana bread made from wholemeal spelt flour with crunchy walnuts and low-fat quark.
If you like you can drizzle some dark chocolate on top. 😊
- 200 g wholemeal spelt flour (1700)
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 tsp. cinnamon (a little nutmeg is also welcome)
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large and ripe bananas // or 3 small ones. Should be really ripe
- + 1 banana as "decoration
- 120 g milk substitute (rice milk, oat milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg (L)
- 55 g coconut blossom sugar (or a raw cane sugar)
- 50 g low-fat quark
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees top/bottom heat
- Pureebananas, quark, cinnamon, vanilla and cereal milk in a higher container
- Weighdry ingredients(flour, baking powder, salt, nuts) into a bowl and mix together
- TIP from EUCH =roasttheground nuts a little before! BUT watch out, stay with it and don't let it burn.
- Beat the egg with the sugar until foamy, 5 minutes.
- Now add all the wet ingredients to the dough andmix everything together with a dough scraper/spoon to form an even dough.
Now line a loaf tin with baking paper or grease it.
Fill half of the dough into it, add a few slices of the "decoration banana" and fill up the rest of the dough.
The rest of the banana goes on top of the dough at the very end - how you cut it is up to you.
Now it goes into the ovenfor 40-50 minutes.
EXTRA TIP FROM KATHARINA
Toasted with low-fat curd cheese or a homemade fruit puree, it's to die for.
And what you should not miss, my Salted Peanut-Cream. I am happy if you visit my Blog "Gold is not a color" to discover more clean eating recipes for you.